When you try to bring your business on the digital platform, you start with creating a website. And the process of creating a website is not as easy as it may sound at first. It involves a lot of different steps. And the very first step is making the decision about the platform on which you want to build your website. As you know, WordPress is a very popular website building platform. So it is one of the few first names that come to your mind. Here we are going to discuss the difference between WordPress and a regular website.
Pick the Right Platform: Difference between WordPress and a regular website!
When it comes to deciding the suitable platform to create your website, you will have plenty of options. And when you are serious about what you are doing, you do not want to end up with any old platform that has almost no features to offer. At this point, you want to go with an option that is loaded with amazing features and can give the website you want.
Having so many options can confuse you more. This way you will keep thinking about which platform is going to give you the most bang. Or which one has the most amazing features to offer? So before you make your decision, make sure that you consider all the important factors carefully.
WordPress vs Regular Website:
Here we have given a detailed comparison of a WordPress website and a regular website.
A WordPress Website:
WordPress is a very popular website building platform. This is the reason why almost 30 percent of all the websites over the internet are built on WordPress. But WordPress also has two different sections:
If you choose WordPress.org then you will have to purchase a domain name and hosting. And only then you can continue with the process of creating your website. On the other hand, using WordPress.com is much simpler. It is a self-hosted platform so you do not have to purchase a domain name. You can just start building your website straight away. If you go for a free account then you will get a subdomain name. Here we are going to discuss WordPress.org.
In this option, you make the initial purchase of a domain name and hosting. After that you will not have to pay a single penny for this. And it also gives you the option of choosing from a wide variety of plugins and themes for your website. Most of them are completely free. And as you know this is an open-source platform so it also gives you the option of infinite customization.
Here we have mentioned all the steps involved in the process of creating a WordPress website:
- Pick a suitable hosting plan from a good hosting service provider.
- Find a relevant domain name.
- Now enter all the required account details and finish the registration process.
- Set up the website and install WordPress.
- Start designing the website according to your requirements. For this, you can use different themes and plugins.
- Now you can start adding the content and your website is ready.
- As you know, WordPress is a CMS. So it allows you to manage your website effortlessly. You can carry out all the important tasks on your own. For basic operations of your website, you do not have to depend on anyone. And you do not need any specific in-depth technical knowledge.
- You have an option to choose from a wide array of themes and plugins. This platform offers free themes and plugins. And you can use them to make your website look professional. This way you can easily create and modify your website.
- This platform offers good security by default. But still, it gives so many options of security plugins. You can choose any of them.
- WordPress is an ever-growing community supported by thousands of developers and designers. This is the reason why they keep introducing constant updates and new versions of plugins and core WordPress.
- As it is a self-hosted platform, it can be a little bit difficult for you to use this. And it happens especially when you are a beginner. You will require some time to get familiar with the functionality of WordPress.
- In WordPress, you will have to do everything on your own including maintenance of the website. For tasks like updating the plugins and software, optimization of your website, you have got no help.
A Regular Website:
- Creating a regular website is an easy thing to do. When you create a Static HTML website, you only need the knowledge of HTML and other markup languages. And if you are not a tech-savvy person, you can hire someone to carry out these tasks for you. Also there is a vast knowledge base that you can use to take help while creating a static HTML website.
- When it comes to maintenance, a regular website is much different from the one created in WordPress. It does not require much maintenance.
- Unlike WordPress, you do not get any extra features in a static HTML website. Although if you want to add them to your website, you can do that with a little bit of coding.
- As compared to WordPress websites, this is a much pricier option. In the long run, it costs a lot. And if you have added some extra features then there is an additional cost for them as well.
- If you know how to code and are creating your website on your own then this is a different case. But if you have hired someone to carry out this task for you, you will have less control over your website.
While making the decision about the platform you want to build your website on, you have to keep a lot of things in mind. Here we have discussed the difference between WordPress and a regular website. Both of them have their own advantages & disadvantages.
If you have reached this point, the chances are high that you must have got a clear understanding of this. But if you still find anything confusing, we are just a call away. Many skilled WordPress professionals are working with us. They will assist you with your queries. We are available on 1-866-332-O276.