While running a website you can come across instances where you would want to create a duplicate post or page on your website. Now you must be wondering if that is possible? And if yes then How to duplicate a page in WordPress. Well, you have come to the right place as you will get all these answers here.
How to duplicate a page in WordPress | Why Does the Need Arise?
The first question that comes to the mind is, what is the need of creating a clone of an existing page on your website. If you have a page that has a lot of content and media files on it and if you want to reuse this, then you have to create a duplicate of this. This saves you a lot of time and effort. Although you can manually copy and paste everything but this way, you can do it more quickly. Need some other reason to go for creating a WordPress Duplicate Page. The new page will have all the SEO settings, page settings, metadata, etc. of the previous one.
What is the Process to Duplicate Page?
There are two different ways that you can use to duplicate a page in WordPress.
Semi Manual Method:
This technique can be speedier in the event that you simply have one post to copy, as it spares you time introducing a module. You should not use this way if you have a lot of posts to copy. So for those of you who simply need to copy one post or page, here’s the way to do it.
Start by opening your current post or page. Ensure you don’t have an individual square chosen by clicking outside a square on your post or choosing the Document tab in the altering sheet to one side of the screen. In the event that you have a square chosen, WordPress will simply duplicate the substance of that square and not the whole report.
Presently click on the symbol with three specks at the upper right of the screen. A menu will show up. Towards the base of this menu, you will see a Copy All Content alternative. Snap-on it and you will get a message revealing to you your substance has been duplicated.
Now you can create a new post. After this, give it a title and then you will see a few empty blocks. You have to paste the content in the click in the first one that appears on your screen. For pasting the copied content you can either use the shortcut keys or simply right-click and then choose the Paste option from the menu that appears.
The newly created post will have all the contents of the original post. Now you can make some changes to this if you want it to be any different.
Using a Plugin:
If you want to create multiple clones of your page then using the above method should not be your option. It can take a lot of time and effort. To make things simple, you can use a plugin. There are different options for such plugins available. Some of them are:
- WordPress Duplicate Page
- WordPress Duplicate Post
- WP bulk Post-Duplicator
You can use any of these plugins to create a duplicate WordPress page.
Create a Duplicate Page with Duplicate Post Plugin:
Using a plugin to create duplicate pages is the easiest way when you have a lot of pages or posts to make a clone of. Doing it with the help of the Duplicate Post Plugin is a long process. It includes these steps:
- First of all you have to install and activate the plugin. After doing so you can proceed to the next step.
- Once you have the plugin activated, you can start the process of creating a duplicate page on your website.
- For doing this, go to Pages > All Pages.
- Take your mouse pointer to the page that you want to duplicate. There you will see a few links. ‘Clone’ and ‘New Draft’ are one of those links.
- If you only want to create a duplicate of the page and do not need to edit it then you have to choose ‘Clone’.
- Always keep in mind that if your original page has been published (means has a live status) then its duplicate will also get published.
- If you also want to make some changes in the duplicate page then you will have to choose the ‘New Draft’ option. It will allow you to duplicate the page and then you will have the editor mode open.
- This way, you will be able to make some changes to the duplicated page before you make it go live.
- This is how you can create a duplicate page on your website with the help of this plugin. If you want to duplicate a post then the steps are the same. All you have to do is, go to Posts > All Posts this time.
There are various purposes behind you to clone a post or page. Among them the most widely recognized situation is you have organized how your rundown posts should resemble. You need everybody to follow this accurate pre-designed organization while making a rundown post. It would be tedious to organize the post or page without any preparation inevitably.
The most straightforward approach to take care of this issue is making a standard post or page and using it as a format. At whatever point you need a comparable page simply clone or copy that page, at that point utilize this post or page as indicated by your necessities. Still not sure How to duplicate a page in WordPress. Then you can also take some help from experienced WordPress professionals.
You do not have to worry if the need of any professional help arises. We are just a phone away from you. We have a large and dedicated team of WordPress experts who can help you with everything related to WordPress. If you have any queries about WordPress management services, WordPress security service etc. then also we can help. You can contact us on 1-866-332-O276. We are available 24×7.